The members of the UR-DATA research team have participated in the kick-off meeting of the project Strengthening the digital transformation of higher education through low-code (LightCode). This project is the first successful project application of the FEUN staff since the beginning of the UR-DATA project. It is the result of the joint effort of the participating partners:
- University Paris Dauphine, Paris Cedex, France – the lead partner, a project coordinator is professor Alexis Tsoukias, a member of UR-DATA Scientific-Advisory Board
- University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
- University of Niš, Niš, Serbia
- KARMIC Software Research, Chatillon, France (SME)
- REACH Innovation Consultancy, Graz, Austria (SME)
- University of Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia
- SYMPLEXIS, Athens, Greece (NGO)
The LightCode project’s objectives are to provide students of all disciplines with digital skills and tools, build confidence and empower faculty members to teach digital skills and the low-code approach, develop a broader range of digital skills for students and to offer a low-code platform at no cost.
As LightCode project will address skill gaps and mismatches in digital skills as technology advances at breakneck speed and higher education struggles to keep pace, the activities of the project will enhance the expertise of the FEUN teachers and students in the domain of advanced data analytics.
UR-DATA project application activity is an important part of the expected results, in terms of improved capacity for competing for the international and national research funding.