“ADVANCES IN URBAN DEVELOPMENT ANALYSIS 2024” is the second in the series of expert visits, planned as part of the UR-DATA project activities. It was hosted by the project coordinating partner, Faculty of Economics, University of Niš, on January 31 – February 1, 2024. The program took place at the Congress Hall of the Regional Chamber of Commerce in Niš.
This two-day event attracted a diverse audience of professionals, researchers, and officials keen on exploring the latest advancements in urban development. The event started with welcome speeches of prof. Tadija Đukić, Dean of the Faculty of Economics and Aleksandar Milićević, President of the Regional Chamber of Commerce and Industry Niš. Prof. Jelena J. Stanković, UR-DATA Project Coordinator, Ivan Pavlović from the Office for Local Economic Development and Projects (City of Niš), and Tanja Obradović from the Ministry of Construction, Transport, and Infrastructure also joined with opening remarks.
The first day of the event featured expert lectures and discussions from distinguished international speakers:
- The Architecture of Connectivity: A Key to Network Vulnerability, Complexity, and Resilience Professor Aura Reggiani, PhD, University of Bologna, Italy
- Urban and Regional Effects of Regenerative Economy Carlo Sessa, PhD, ISINNOVA’s Research Director, Rome, Italy, member of the UR-DATA Science Advisory Board
- Multi-Criteria Analysis for the Assessment of Risk Mitigation Strategies; From the Single Risk to the Multi-Risk Approach Simona Muratori, PhD, Poliedra – Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- The Urban Spoke of the National Biodiversity Future Center in Italy: Challenges and Opportunities Professor Renato Casagrandi, PhD, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
The engaging lectures were followed by a lively discussion, providing a platform for networking and discussions among the attendees.
The second day of the expert visit took place on Thursday, February 01, 2024, at the Faculty of Economics, University of Niš, Serbia. This part provided a comprehensive exploration of topics ranging from pedestrian accessibility and sustainable urban planning to discussions on healthy, active cities and the appreciation of attractive leisure amenities.
It featured the following expert lectures:
- Understanding the Healthy, Active City Professor Daniel Platkowski, Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway
- Energy and Smart Cities: Participatory Models Professor Claudia van der Laag, PhD, Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway
- Multiple Criteria Decision Aid to support sustainable urban planning Professor Jason Papathanasiou, PhD, University of Macedonia, Greece, member of the UR-DATA Science Advisory Board
- Food for thought, or thought about food Professor John Osth, PhD, Oslo Metropolitan University, Norway
- A Digital Content Analysis of The Appreciation of Attractive Leisure Amenities Professor Umut Turk, Abdullah Gül University, Turkey
The gathering concluded with a dedicated time for discussion, fostering an exchange of ideas and insights among participants. The Faculty of Economics expressed gratitude to the experts for their valuable contributions, marking the successful completion of the two-day event dedicated to advancing urban development within the framework of the UR-DATA project.